Wednesday, June 20, 2018

Well, hello old friend...

After a difficult few years and some struggling along the way, I feel rejuvenated. I feel like a whole NEW person. Let me tell you-  It hasn't been easy  and there have been dark and scary roads. There was a lot of inner struggle and a lot of forgiving to do. I am so grateful for the Lord and his timing. I am beginning to understand why I went through what I went through. Almost every morning, as I drove to school, I would say to myself, "God is in control and his timing is perfect." It soon became my mantra.


This year, I started out in a whole new district, new grade level, on a new team, and taught some amazing new students.  I guess my 2018 word of the year should be NEW! I was on a team of 8 teachers and they have been some of the best people I've worked with. I was SOO nervous working on a team of 8 women. I mean, there are days that I can barely handle my OWN emotions, how was this going to work with 8 total women?  However, this group of women worked well with each other. They quickly embraced me and my quirkiness. I felt  they really believed in me which is something new that I had not had in a while. I'm glad to be returning to third grade and on the same team. We are going from 8 teachers to 7 and three ladies moved (one to a new grade level,  and two to a new school). I'm really going to miss them.


We've been told we got some bad-a teachers joining our team and I'm looking forward to them. I also am excited to move into the school. Last year, I was in a portable. It wasn't bad.  (Except for the time a wasp flew into my room). Since I'm moving in doors, I've decided to change up my theme a bit-still Kate Spade but will add a little bit of coffee themed touches to it. I'm really PUMPED up about this and can't wait to see how it turns out.

Looking forward to enjoying my rest of the summer break and start of the school year.
 


1 comment:

  1. Hi, Lila! I'm so glad your in a better place. Metaphorically and literally! Love you!

    ReplyDelete