Monday, March 9, 2015

Famous Americans Report

Hey There! I'm currently on my Spring Break, but like most teachers I continue to work on things while on my "time off". We are about to start our Famous Americans report and I am so excited. The kids absolutely love this project and I do too.  The kiddos pick out their Famous Americans book and will read over Spring Break. (Sorry no athletes) Then all next week, they are researching and putting together either a power point or poster of their information they have gathered. Then the fun part- they get to dress up as their character!! Now, I am ALL for costumes and making it seem legit, so I go above and beyond to make these Famous Americans get the "royal treatment". The table I have them present from is decked out in Red, White, and Blue. I have a Flag projected on my Smart board. (It also acts as a great back drop for filming) And, you can't forget the 'mood music'. It sets the tone for everything. I am a HUGE fan of Hans Zimmer's playlists. Anything really will do. But my favorite is from The da Vinci Code. Here is the youtube link: Mood Music . I'm thinking this year It would be really fun if I have the "Famous Americans" give their autograph out. I'll think about this... If you are curious as to the handouts I use, check out my TPT store. Polka Dotted Pencil. Can't wait to share our presentations!


0 comments:

Post a Comment