Sunday, March 22, 2015

Hakkunah your Mantra

For the past year or so, I have been eyeing these gorgeous bracelets. On them, have a 'mantra' like "Dream Big" or "C'est la vie". I've been so hesitant to buy one because I could never figure out what my mantra would be.   I thought about "Don't stop believing" because I have a hard time believing in myself. I constantly doubt myself and look towards others for affirmation instead of inside. (Wow, that got deep quick) But, they didn't have that and as much as I LOVE my 80s hair bands, I think I need something more specific. More meaningful. More me. (And as for the believing part, I'm still learning and growing)..

Today, I think I found the perfect two that really sum up something that I need to do daily. "Let your light shine" and "Oh, the places you'll go!".  When I saw "let your light shine" I did not think of it as a , "let's brag about me" but rather be the positive light in your life, in your kid's life and those around you." Shine by example. As for the "Oh, the places you'll go" I chose that because the book has always spoken to me. I am in control of my own destiny and I can steer myself in any direction I choose.

You have brains in your head.
You have feet in your shoes.
You can steer yourself
Any direction you choose.
You’re on your own. And
you know what you know.
And YOU are the guy who’ll
decide where to go.


So, what would your mantra be?


You’ll get mixed up,
of course, as you already know.
You’ll get mixed up with
many strange birds as you go.
So be sure when you step.
Step with care and great
tact and remember that
Life’s A Great Balancing Act.

And will you succeed?
Yes! You will, indeed!
(98 and ¾ percent guaranteed.)
KID, YOU’LL MOVE
MOUNTAINS!






0 comments:

Post a Comment