Thursday, June 9, 2016

Test... Test.. Is this thing on?

Wow. It has been a HOT minute since I blogged. I completely failed on my goal for more blogging for this year... Well,  wait!! I did get one blog post in. Just kidding. Not what I was envisioning when I made the goal to blog more.... I'm still trying to find the time to lesson plan. teach. grade. have a life. repeat.  So, I apologize if you were horribly offended by my lack of blogging.

This year was one for the books.  Let me start off my saying, my students were GREAT! I loved my babies this year. Sure, you will always have "that one".. you know what I'm talking about...


but even that  kid and I became close.. I did have a few 'challenges'  outside the classroom this year... It was tough at times...okay.. a lot of times. I was lucky enough to have a very great support system from teammates, friends and my husband.  

Fast forward a bit and I get the message, "Please come to the office"... Ever since I was a kid, the "office" has been a terrible. horrible. no good. very bad place for me. But my principal sat me down as asked what I thought about moving to 4th grade... I'll admit it.. I did not accept right away. I love my team and I love those 2nd grade kiddos. Taking the time to think, I made a Pros and Cons list... To me it made since to move and voila.. I'm now moving to 4th grade!!! It is bittersweet- I'll miss my old team but I am SOO looking forward to working not only on the other side of the building but with some teachers who truly are "ROCKSTARS".  I will be teaching Social Studies and Science..  The one thing  was not excited about doing was moving my stuff..



I realized I had a lot of "stuff"... That's the nice word... I guess in trying to find the positive- it will be nice to start fresh and new. Plus I love designing and decorating, so I guess that just means time to "update"!

Until next time. 



0 comments:

Post a Comment