Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Back to School : New Additions

Hey Y'all.. It's been a hot minute since I've sat down to type... I do apologize. It's that crazy time of year- Back to School. While I have enjoyed EVERY minute of my summer, I am excited to go back into my classroom and get started on setting up for the school year.

I won't actually go in until the 1st week of August (I say that now.. ) but in the mean time, I have been sketching and reworking just what my room is going to look like. I was pretty happy with the layout last year, but I think I have a few things I would like to change.

I have added a few new things and I can't wait to see how they are going to work in my classroom.
 This 'bad boy' is going to make my stations so much easier. The kiddos were constantly swarming the technology. This is a splitter which allows 5 different headphones into one device.  This is going to be just fabulous for my "Listen to Reading" station and I can't wait to see how the students are going to use it for group projects. You can find it on Amazon here Belkin RockStar Splitter
 I can't remember who directed me to my next addition. But I bough 2 of these chairs. I am all about creating flexible learning spaces in my classroom. I want the students to be comfortable when they are learning. I found the chairs at Walmart. After doing some comparison shopping, it was the cheapest I could find. You can find it here Big Joe Roma Chairs
Finally, this purchase is for yours truly. I do not have a traditional desk in my classroom. I used a kidney shaped table and a 3 tiered shelf to hold my 'stuff'. While it worked, I felt a little cramped and not that organized. "My area" is in a corner so I thought a corner desk would be the perfect solution to allow my laptop and document camera to sit comfortably but also allow some work room. I found this guy at Ikea Corner Desk.

Its purchases like these that make my teacher heart-happy, happy, happy. I am really excited about this new year and looking forward to bringing you into my home away from home.

Tell next time- Keep it Colorful!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment