Friday, July 10, 2015

Periscope.. the next big thing?

Oh my goodness!! I am beyond giddy at the moment. I was surfing the Facebook (FB) feed and noticed something on Periscope. Have you heard about it? It is a FREE (my favorite word) App that allows you to live stream. A lot of people have been raving about it. The biggest idea is to help with branding and getting your store name out there.

Then I started brainstorming.. What if... I live streamed during a field trip? What if I live stream during an assembly, What if I live stream while I am teaching a concept ? The possibilities are endless.  I just downloaded it and plan to play around with it today. My biggest goal for this next school year is to have the parents in my class feel as if they are in the classroom. This tool could really help me achieve that. Of course you will need Social Media parent permission slips signed, but this app could have some really great potential in helping me to just that-connect more with the parentals. Here is a great tutorial on Periscope. Periscope Tutorial

I just joined myself and am quite excited about this adventure. You can find me @PolkaDotPencil  which is the same handle as my Twitter. Instagram is a little different it's @polkadottedpencil. Can't wait to collaborate!! 



What ideas do you have? 

0 comments:

Post a Comment