Monday, July 13, 2015

Half Way there... Ohhh Ohh Livin' on a Prayer

Hey Y'all!

So 15 days days... 15 days to go!!! What on Earth am I talking about? No, it's not back to school stuff. I actually did something I thought I would NEVER EVER in a million years do. I am currently in the process of Whole 30. I have major commitment issues when it comes to diet and exercise.  I'm the type that starts and goes three days in and then I'm out. I'm a girl who likes to eat. I like to eat a lot. I think it's part of my German Heritage. And no, I did not get the Heidi Klum German genes. I was blessed with the  Streusel loving genes.

Anyways, for the past 15 days it has been no dairy, no carbs, no sugar, and no ... alcohol. Let's just say 4th of July was a bit of a challenge, but I made it. One of the main reasons why I chose to do this was because of my MAJOR tummy issues this past year. There were days I could hardly walk while teaching and I'm a teacher who is always on the go! I literally collapsed one day and had to play it off as if I tripped, which my kids were not surprised with, because they know I'm clumsy. So after multiple trips to the G&I doc and 2 scopes later, she said no more gluten. I still was having tummy trouble. I decided it was time to restart my gut.

I'm actually feeling like I've never felt before. I do not think there are words to describe it. I am so much more in tune with what I am putting in my body.  I'm conscience about portion sizes and balancing out my meals with proteins, veggies, and fruit. It is not as hard as I thought it was going to be... as they say in the book, "child labor is hard... this is not." Day # 3 I wanted to quit... But, something dawned on me... I really was feeling better...What if I give it a few more days... and that mentality just kept going. Soon, I lost track of the days and if it wasn't for the forum (or as I like to call the Cheerleaders) that I joined I would not remember what day I was on.   So, If I can get through 15 more days, I've done something I've never done before when it comes to a diet-FINISH. So till then, I'll be 'living' on a prayer'.

0 comments:

Post a Comment