Friday, July 3, 2015

Treasure Box

Good Morning! 

As I wake up this beautiful sunny morning, I automatically grabbed my laptop and got to work. I saw a Facebook post asking  about Classroom Behavior and what we used. My first year of teaching I had the glorious treasure box. When I think of treasure I always think of Bruno Mars' Song. If you haven't already noticed, I LOVE to tie music with what I'm doing. I  think that life should have it's own musical sound track.. .



sorry about that. I didn't mean to go on my musical tangent. Anyways, I had a Treasure Box and privileges in my 1st  year of teaching. BiG mistake. First of all, it cost ways too much to maintain. I was going broke trying to get prizes I thought the kids would want. Second, I found out the hard way that they did not want the prizes I was buying them. So, I decided I was just to stick with the privileges this year.  They loved it, I still had money in my wallet, so I considered it a win-win. 

The last month of school, I decided to do a little experiment. I mentioned that I was going to do a give-a-way!! For each 10 tickets they earn, they can enter 1 name into the drawing. Um, my class was  AMAZING! You know how it can get at the end of the year and it went by SOO smoothly. This year I decided that I was going to do that for this up and coming school year. Depending on my class I may start right away or after Christmas break. But I was thinking,  each month, we will have a drawing for a book that the kids really love to read. Last year, the kids LOVED  the "Whatever After Series" and "Elliot and the Goblin War". So, i figured I'll try it out again this year.  I love learning about new books and new series from my kids. I spend a lot of money trying to keep my library updated and fresh and I hoping that I can encourage my sweet babies to read more frequently. I always believe Reading can take you places. IF i can be the vessel to encourage reading traveling then I will. It's better than a cheap toy... What do y'all use? 

0 comments:

Post a Comment